Friday, May 11, 2012

Ciao :)

I can't believe I'm in Rome right now! It is so beautiful! The trip was a little tiring but I am in this wonderful place so I cannot complain at all. Our apartment complex is absolutely awesome. We have this cute little courtyard out front and these huge beautiful windows that open up to it from our apartment. Once we all got settled in, our whole group of girls decided to go to dinner together. 




My roommates and I before dinner

We went to this cute little place and sat outside. It was such a warm night. I ordered this incredible gnocchi pesto pasta. Actually my entire table all ordered the same thing, so it was a pretty big hit. Even though we were exhausted, we also ordered two bottles of wine :) We got a white wine and a pink wine. Both of them were amazing. What we didn't know was that in Italy you have to pay for water and you have to pay for bread, so let's say we learned our lesson. Last night was such a great start to this lovely adventure in Rome!


Yum


Today was another wonderful day in Rome! Our whole group met up around 11:30am to go to lunch and take several tours around Rome. Lunch was absolutely the best. We were able to try 5 different pastas, two different wines, and 4 different desserts. Let me say everything was spectacular. I probably ate enough food for 3 people, but when in Rome!! So then we began our tours which were very educational but fun at the same time. One of our first tours was of the Galleria Borghese. It was absolutely stunning. After that tour, we went to visit the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. At the Trevi Fountain all of us threw coins into it, I threw one coin in which means I will be back to Rome one day! The Pantheon was amazing to see. The art and the structure of the building was so cool to see in person. We also saw many other statues and churches (of course, we are in Rome after all). All of them were beautiful. We probably walked about 5 miles altogether but it was worth it at the end when we got gelato!


Laura and I

The past two days have been the absolute greatest and I am looking forward to this month so much! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment